To the Ride of Silence organizers throughout the world,

We have not stood by and watched as this virus changes the world about us. With the date for the ride coming up, May 20, the board has decided to change the format for this year’s ride. Instead of group rides we are recommending each site organizer encourage their participants to do solo rides or with their household members.

We are working on plans to allow participants to easily report these rides and link them together through an easy-to-use platform (more on that in the next email “blast”). Obviously, these rides should be held in accordance to rules and guidelines set by local and state authorities.

We want to keep the ride going on the same date it always has, the third Wednesday in May at 7 pm local, for 17 years. Thank you for sticking this out with us.

We’re going to be OK.

Chris Phelan
Founder
The Ride Of Silence

USA Cycling is not offering insurance for the event.

Categories: Uncategorized

1. Arthur Thompson says:

Bike – the – Night…

2. Barbara Thomas says:

I would be delighted to volunteer to assist in the kid zone.

I can also assist with SAG, if paired with another person.
    Sorry I don’t know the city very well yet.

Sincerely
    Barbara Thomas
    bthoma12@gmail.com

Thanks Barbara, That would be awesome! If you could help give out the medals to the kids and help with registration that would be great. I will be at Memorial Park around 5:30 PM to get set up. Kids 2 – 9 are $5 and youth that are going to ride in the actual Bike the Night Courses is $10. Adults $20 and they will get a t-shirt, medal and pizza at Beir Werks.

Hi Arthur, Did you have a question?

5. Susie says:

Hi, where do we sign up to pay for the 3 years old riders? I don’t see a link
    Susie

Hi Susie,

It is on Eventbrite, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-bike-the-night-tickets-66772172365?aff=efbeventtix&fbclid=IwAR2P_ObcoeBcIPdX9dhAAEsHuJ6s-fcJMEAumO5xXW2v95Z7YTEODHjnhhA

I think you can got through our face book post. https://www.facebook.com/events/727712790982142/
    Or you can just pay that night. We will have registration at 6 PM. Races as 7 PM.

7. Susie says:

Hi, I bought my son a ticket, but he is 3 and the only ticket I could buy was for 5-9 year olds…do I have to register him somewhere? I didn’t see anywhere to sign him up?
    Thanks,
    Susie Valdovinos
    His name is Elijah Valdovinos and he is 3 (dob 7/1/16)

8. Susie says:

Thanks,
    Susie Valdovinos
    His name is Elijah Valdovinos and he is 3 (dob 7/1/16)

No Worries Susie, the 2 – 9 year olds are the same price $5.00. I just needed to cover insurance costs. They will get a free medal and hopefully a trophy to the different age groups.

10. Lyndsey Lack says:

Hello. My son is 4 and rides a regular bike. Can he ride with the 4 year olds without a balance bike? He still has his balance bike if he has to ride that.

HI Lyndsey,
    By all means lets see if we can get him in a race maybe with 5 yr olds that are riding with pedals. I am sure we can figure something out.