The 18th Anniversary Year for the Ride of Silence!

When: Sat. May 23rd, 2020, 11:00 AM

WHERE: Hundreds of locations world wide
Join cyclists worldwide in a silent slow-paced ride (max. 12 mph/20kph) in honor of those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways.

WHY DOES THIS ORGANIZATION EXIST?
To HONOR those who have been injured or killed
To RAISE AWARENESS that we are here
To ask that we all SHARE THE ROAD

THE RIDE OF SILENCE WILL NOT BE QUIET
On May 23, 2020 at 11:00 AM, the Ride of Silence will traverse and unite the globe as nothing before it. Cyclists will take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. Although cyclists have a legal right to share the road with motorists, the motoring public often isn’t aware of these rights, and sometimes not aware of the cyclists themselves.

In 2003,Chris Phelan organized the first Ride of Silence in Dallas after endurance cyclist Larry Schwartz was hit by the mirror of a passing bus and was killed.
The Ride of Silence is a free ride that asks its cyclists to ride no faster than 12 mph, wear helmets, follow the rules of the road and remain silent during the ride. There are no registration fees. The ride, which is held during National Bike Month, aims to raise the awareness of motorists, police and city officials that cyclists have a legal right to the public roadways. The ride is also a chance to show respect for and honor the lives of those who have been killed or injured.

Categories: Uncategorized

1. Arthur Thompson says:

Bike – the – Night…

2. Barbara Thomas says:

I would be delighted to volunteer to assist in the kid zone.

I can also assist with SAG, if paired with another person.
    Sorry I don’t know the city very well yet.

Sincerely
    Barbara Thomas
    bthoma12@gmail.com

Thanks Barbara, That would be awesome! If you could help give out the medals to the kids and help with registration that would be great. I will be at Memorial Park around 5:30 PM to get set up. Kids 2 – 9 are $5 and youth that are going to ride in the actual Bike the Night Courses is $10. Adults $20 and they will get a t-shirt, medal and pizza at Beir Werks.

Hi Arthur, Did you have a question?

5. Susie says:

Hi, where do we sign up to pay for the 3 years old riders? I don’t see a link
    Susie

Hi Susie,

It is on Eventbrite, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-bike-the-night-tickets-66772172365?aff=efbeventtix&fbclid=IwAR2P_ObcoeBcIPdX9dhAAEsHuJ6s-fcJMEAumO5xXW2v95Z7YTEODHjnhhA

I think you can got through our face book post. https://www.facebook.com/events/727712790982142/
    Or you can just pay that night. We will have registration at 6 PM. Races as 7 PM.

7. Susie says:

Hi, I bought my son a ticket, but he is 3 and the only ticket I could buy was for 5-9 year olds…do I have to register him somewhere? I didn’t see anywhere to sign him up?
    Thanks,
    Susie Valdovinos
    His name is Elijah Valdovinos and he is 3 (dob 7/1/16)

8. Susie says:

Thanks,
    Susie Valdovinos
    His name is Elijah Valdovinos and he is 3 (dob 7/1/16)

No Worries Susie, the 2 – 9 year olds are the same price $5.00. I just needed to cover insurance costs. They will get a free medal and hopefully a trophy to the different age groups.

10. Lyndsey Lack says:

Hello. My son is 4 and rides a regular bike. Can he ride with the 4 year olds without a balance bike? He still has his balance bike if he has to ride that.

HI Lyndsey,
    By all means lets see if we can get him in a race maybe with 5 yr olds that are riding with pedals. I am sure we can figure something out.