June 15, 2019. Save the date. Park State Bank committed so what for the 2019 Event Jersey! This year’s event will feature a King and Queen of the Mountain Challenge. $100.00 cash prize and a jersey. This will be an option. Two climbs at 7% incline. Winners will be determined for 4 age groups. Under 30, 30-44, 45-59, 60 plus. Men’s and Women’s. Five different non-profits will be volunteering in exchange for a donation. Our goal is to get a minimum of 300 cyclists to participate. We will add watermelons to the rest stop smorgasbord of snacks. Registration is available at Active.com, USA Cycling and iamathlete. More info here.

Categories: Events

1. Jason P Janz says:

How do I register for the ride? The link on the website goes to last year’s registration.

Hi Jason, I will try to email you one and look into why it did last years. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Claudia Manding says:

Is there a link to register for this ride?
    I’d like to participate.
    Thanks!

I added to registration websites,
    Active.com http://www.active.com/florissant-co/cycling/races/mountain-top-experience-ride-2017?int=
    and I go cycling a new registration website.

You can also go to the Experience tab, printable registration form and mail it in.

5. Kent YOUNT says:

What is the total climbing elevation of the 106 mile ride.

It is over 10,000+ for the 106 mile route. There is a map on the Experience Ride Tab on the website. I will email you it and a greman down load a ride did.

7. Bob Holstine says:

Is it possible to register and pay the day of the ride?

Sure thing Bob, June 1st it goes up another $5. and we can’t guarantee we will have your t-shirt size.

9. Bob Holstine says:

Can you take a credit card for registration the morning of the ride or is cash required?

Hi Bob, I do have an app on my phone to take payments or credit cards. However cash is fast! Walkups are welcome so what ever is best for you.

11. Len says:

I saw that jerseys would be for sale for $65 if ordered before Feb 14 but there’s nothing on the registration about ordering a jersey. How do we order a jersey with registration??

Just let me know what size jersey you would like. Men’s Primal. Full zipper, I will mail it to you with your packet if you mail me a check or pay at the start / finish.

13. Kathy Larkin says:

I’m fairly new to Colorado; what is the elevation gain for the 50 miler? I’m coming from sea level. 🙁 Thanks!

Hi Kathy, The 50 miler has over 4,000 feet of elevation gain. I would suggest that you sign up for the 75 miler but kind of do your own route. If you look at the map, some ladies last year rode up towards Cripple Creek till they didn’t want to climb any more then turn around. It is all up hill and then all down hill if you do not do the Cripple Creek loop.(50 miler), then they went towards the 75 mile route (towards Guffey loop) till they didn’t want to climb anymore and then rode back to the start/ finish. We will have SAG out along the route and HAM radio communications set up at each rest stop. It really depends on how you feel. The start/finish is at about 7,000 feet to begin with. One year a lady from San Antonio rode the whole route, in 10 hours so it just depends on the individual. We want you to have fun, and enjoy the open space, views and beauty of Colorado.

15. TJ says:

mtcc…

I would like to purchase a jersey. I was only given the opportunity to purchase a t-shirt on Active.com registration web-site. Thanks! -TJ

Hi TJ,

You can mail a check $65.00 to MTCC P.O. Box 843 Woodland Park, CO 80866. Let me know what size, they are men’s primal wear, full zipper. I will mail it to you with your ride packet that will include your rider #, t-shirt and so on 10 days before the event.

17. Dave says:

Hello,

How many people typically ride the 106mi route. Looking for a good ride to test my endurance before the Triple Bypass, but would prefer not to be riding alone all day. Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave,
    A lot of riders use the Century Experience Ride to train for the Triple. I would say 80% of the riders do the 100 mile route. I will have to look up my figures from 2018 to give you an exact #. In 2015 and 2016 we had 240 registered riders, In 2017 and 2018 we had 164, I am hoping that by offering the big teams a discount we can get a least 300 riders for 2019. Plus the chance to win K/Q of the mountain for a jersey and $100.00 cash. There will only be two sections that will marked for the challenge. Those that want to compete will download their STRAVA times to determine the winners. (I broke it down into 4 different age groups so there would be better chances for winners). There is over 10,000 feet in elevation gain, (Starting at 7,000 feet). Our routes are fully supported with SAG and Ham radio operators. You will never be alone. I hope that helps, Deborah (Event Director)

19. Rick says:

Dave, I have ridden the century the last 3 ears. As Deborah says you will never be alone. I would say the only part of the century where there hasn’t been significant riders around is after climbing up from Guffey, where there have been riders, to the end of the Guffey loop, things thin out.

Rick

20. Greetings,
    I am very interested in doing this ride and I was wondering if there is a Strava link I can follow to get an idea of how long it has taken others to do the ride?

Marshall Evans

We haven’t set up the link to the STRAVA down loads to date. This will be our first year offering a K/Q of the mountain challenge so I have nothing for you to compare to. If you have a team or 15 members I can set you up with a discount code for Active.com, just let me know.