A big Thank You to all the volunteers and sponsors that made the 2018 Century Experience Ride a success.

See some photos https://www.dieterheinrichphotography.com/events/2018-mountain-top-cycling-club-the-century-experience-ride

We were able to raise enough money to buy the High School Mountain Bike team a bike for Nathan. Nathan picked out a Fuji bike. As soon as the sponsors send in their committed amounts we will be able to go pick it up. We only had a few glitches. One case of really bad road rash.
Here are some of the details.
Oldest Rider – 78
Youngest Rider – 22
Riders are from:
Canada, CO, TX, UT, AZ, IL, VA, NM

165 rider #’s given out. 17 Cancellations, 19 No shows.

The Food Pantry did a wonderful job of serving lunch and breakfast. Thanks to all the club members that volunteered.

Any questions, contact Debbie 719-689-3435 Leave a message and I will call you back.

Categories: Uncategorized

1. Jason P Janz says:

How do I register for the ride? The link on the website goes to last year’s registration.

Hi Jason, I will try to email you one and look into why it did last years. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Claudia Manding says:

Is there a link to register for this ride?
    I’d like to participate.
    Thanks!

I added to registration websites,
    Active.com http://www.active.com/florissant-co/cycling/races/mountain-top-experience-ride-2017?int=
    and I go cycling a new registration website.

You can also go to the Experience tab, printable registration form and mail it in.

5. Kent YOUNT says:

What is the total climbing elevation of the 106 mile ride.

It is over 10,000+ for the 106 mile route. There is a map on the Experience Ride Tab on the website. I will email you it and a greman down load a ride did.

7. Bob Holstine says:

Is it possible to register and pay the day of the ride?

Sure thing Bob, June 1st it goes up another $5. and we can’t guarantee we will have your t-shirt size.

9. Bob Holstine says:

Can you take a credit card for registration the morning of the ride or is cash required?

Hi Bob, I do have an app on my phone to take payments or credit cards. However cash is fast! Walkups are welcome so what ever is best for you.

11. Len says:

I saw that jerseys would be for sale for $65 if ordered before Feb 14 but there’s nothing on the registration about ordering a jersey. How do we order a jersey with registration??

Just let me know what size jersey you would like. Men’s Primal. Full zipper, I will mail it to you with your packet if you mail me a check or pay at the start / finish.

13. Kathy Larkin says:

I’m fairly new to Colorado; what is the elevation gain for the 50 miler? I’m coming from sea level. 🙁 Thanks!

Hi Kathy, The 50 miler has over 4,000 feet of elevation gain. I would suggest that you sign up for the 75 miler but kind of do your own route. If you look at the map, some ladies last year rode up towards Cripple Creek till they didn’t want to climb any more then turn around. It is all up hill and then all down hill if you do not do the Cripple Creek loop.(50 miler), then they went towards the 75 mile route (towards Guffey loop) till they didn’t want to climb anymore and then rode back to the start/ finish. We will have SAG out along the route and HAM radio communications set up at each rest stop. It really depends on how you feel. The start/finish is at about 7,000 feet to begin with. One year a lady from San Antonio rode the whole route, in 10 hours so it just depends on the individual. We want you to have fun, and enjoy the open space, views and beauty of Colorado.

15. TJ says:

mtcc…

I would like to purchase a jersey. I was only given the opportunity to purchase a t-shirt on Active.com registration web-site. Thanks! -TJ

Hi TJ,

You can mail a check $65.00 to MTCC P.O. Box 843 Woodland Park, CO 80866. Let me know what size, they are men’s primal wear, full zipper. I will mail it to you with your ride packet that will include your rider #, t-shirt and so on 10 days before the event.